The popular Meredith Music Festival, in Victoria is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year. Needless to say, tickets sold out almost as soon as they were made available.
At Mighty, we thought we’d give festival goers a bit of info about how to get there, what to bring and how to get it, what’s banned, and what’s the situation with the camp facilities. Check out all the details below
GETTING TO US
Allow 10-15 minutes walk time:
If you’re a Melbournian, it’s easy to get to us. Just jump on the Sydenham line from the any City Loop, North Melbourne or Footscray Station and hop off at Tottenham,
- Go down the ramp
- Turn right and walk under the rail bridge down Ashley St 300m
- Turn left just past the Central West Plaza on to South Road 100m
- We’re Building 24, South Road, Braybrook
10th DECEMBER – BBQ BEFORE YOU GO
We’ll be celebrating the first day of the festival as you head up the road with a BBQ breakfast at our Melbourne branch so you can grab a bit of sustenance before you hit the road! If you are checking out a vehicle on that day for the festival, why not tell us what you’d like to eat in the comments section below and we’ll make sure we get the right supplies!!! We’ll be open from 7.30am with the BBQ going through until midday.
GETTING GRUB & SUPPLIES
Our Melbourne branch is right next door to The Central West that has a very cheap Coles and Aldi (open from 7am). There’s also a butcher, fish store, bakery and green grocer their too (open from 9am). So don’t worry about picking up supplies before you get your camper, just bring a reusable bag to carry your food back to your campervan.
GETTING FROM OUR BRANCH TO MEREDITH
Allow a couple of hours:
- Head east on South Rd toward Garden Dr 750 m
- Turn right at Ashley St 750 m
- Continue onto Dempster St 400 m
- Dempster St turns right and becomes Paramount Rd 800 m
- Turn right at Somerville Rd 190 m
- Take the 2nd left onto Holmwood Rd 450 m
- Take the 1st right onto Geelong Road Service Ln 550 m
- Sharp left at Princes Hwy 3.3 km
- Take the ramp onto Princes Fwy on ramp 450 m
- Take the ramp onto Princes Fwy 46.0 km
- Take the exit on the right onto Geelong Ring Rd 10.5 km
- Take the exit toward Midland Hwy 600 m
- Turn right at Midland Hwy 38.7 km
- Turn left at Staughton St450 m
- Continue onto Meredith Mount Mercer Rd
CAMPING AT MEREDITH
It’s important that you’re aware that there’s no electricity or running water at the campground. Make sure you pickup some bottles of water, our vans all have sinks, so you’ll be able to scrub up, but you may want to top up your water supplies with a bottle or two if you run out.
We hire out tents, and linen kits.
Meredith recommend that if you’re travelling in convoy, you all stick together as you drive especially as your entering the festival. This should ensure you can all camp together
Also, it can get cold at night – so be sure to bring along some warm clothing for the night as it can get cold.
- Glass bottles of any kind
- Gas bottles or hot cooking equipment (please don’t use the hobs at the festival)
- Bean bags
- Flares or fireworks
- Weapons of any kind
- Dogs or animals of any kind
- Stereos at the campsite
- Market stalls
- Commercial signage
FOR YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY ON YOUR RETURN
Once it’s all done and dusted, please make sure you have plenty of rest before you hit the road back to Melbourne and drive safely.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MEREDITH & IT’S LINE UP PLEASE CHECK OUT